Followers

Saturday, 13 August 2011

Roof Tiles.

So after trying various materials to use as thatch i decided i just couldn't achieve the look that i wanted, not because the material didn't look realistic enough but because i couldn't achieve the finish in the scale of this house.



Hopefully sometime in the future i will get to try my hand at thatching again only this time on a larger scale which should be more easy.



I'm quite happy how the look of these turned out, especially as its my first attempt all thats left to do is once the whole building is complete is to add a little more detail.
Ive also managed to build the light unit  which will sit underneath the base, this will consist of just one light but will be strategically placed so that it gives off a candle type light in the lower and upper floors, this will be operated by a hidden switch but wont be installed until the project is virtually complete.

Also a warm welcome to all my new followers and a big thank you for finding my work interesting enough to follow.

                                              Have a great weekend everyone.  Tony


4 comments:

  1. I'm very impressed with this Tony. It just looks so realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Irene, i have learned a lot building it and thoroughly enjoyed it to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great. You have done a wonderful job. I love it. Greetings Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Maria its being fun building it.

    ReplyDelete