Followers

Sunday, 11 September 2011

The Head Of The Beast.

I had fun making this piece, I've seen many weird and wonderful remains of so called beasts and animal oddities that i decided to have a go at making my own.



Aptly named the head of the beast, the story goes that the remains of this specimen were found in woodland at Elmhurst Hall in 1764, the beast had apparently been blamed for the slaughter of 3 game keepers in previous years. The cause of death was unknown.


                      Engraving of Elmhurst hall c1874 Where the Cabinet was found in storage.




The Cabinet is made entirely of Oak and then lacquered, i then chipped off pieces of lacquer to give a look of age and of an item of furniture that had been hidden away for many years.



                               The Latin script at the bottom of the cabinet simply translates to
                                 Mankind is poised midway between the gods and the beasts

            I would also like to take this opportunity to welcome all of my new followers and for all the comments i have received on the pieces i make it truly is inspiring.
Also many thanks to all the fellow miniaturist who have purchased pieces of my work from me including  Brae (Otterine) who purchased the very first Miniature piece of work i made. I'm sure it will look just perfect in your Haunted House, please check out here awesome work you wont be disappointed.  http://www.otterine.com/blog/blog1.php



6 comments:

  1. Great work! I love the details you have added to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impresionante trabajo! La cabeza es de serpiente?
    Que es lo que te compró Brae?
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fantastic creation! Thanks for the compliments, too! :D

    ReplyDelete