Followers

Sunday, 11 December 2011

Rainy Days

I started today off walking the dog in the rain i always find this very therapeutic and relaxing and the dog enjoys it too, it gave me a chance to think about what i am going to do for my next project and work out in my mind the best way of going about it.
most of the materials i require to build this piece i already have so next is to make a few rough drawings to confirm my ideas will work.
If you remember in a earlier post i made a Tudor sewing box that contained a genuine Tudor button this time i want to make another sewing box but include all of the implements,  scissors, needle case and such but also include a little treasure!

Without giving to much away the piece i make will have a draw which will contain most of the implements you see in the box above, but also a place where silk thread can be stored to.




I just love the tools and implements in the photo above so I'm going to try and recreate as much as i can in bone/Ivory even the needles if possible. The box itself will be walnut with an ivory overlay so making the tools in the same material makes sense.Hopefully this project will keep me occupied between now and the new year and i shall post weekly updates on how things are progressing.

A very warm welcome to my new followers and many thanks for taking the time to follow and read my blog.
Have a great and safe week eveyone.           Tony.

6 comments:

  1. With us the weather is stormy.
    Perfect weather to walk on the beach by the sea.
    Unfortunately I have no dog, we have three cats.
    Rainy days are great to hobby.

    Wow, the sewing box on the photo is truly beautiful.
    The Golden sewing implements on the blue satin looks brilliant.
    I think it will be with ivory also wonderful.
    In my imagination I see the ladies sit with their embroidery in the past, with such a magnificent box next to themselves.
    I look forward to the progress.
    Fine week,
    Greetings, Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about your new project and can't wait to see it! I love your work and ideas. Thanks,
    Cookie Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. El costurero es precioso, muy delicado digno de cualquier dama, estaré deseosa de ver su nuevo proyecto.
    Feliz semana.
    Mil besos...Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful box! I love sewing boxes and sewing accoutrements, I have quite a collection of them in miniature already.
    I look forward to seeing your box and implements finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sewing box! I'm excited to see your project and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Tony, Very nice to find your site. I can see you must enjoy the challenge of reproducing these intricate pieces. Great that you have the skills to translate them into miniature.
    Will follow with interest.
    All the best for the holiday season.
    Regards Janine
    minworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete