Followers

Sunday, 22 January 2012

Almost Complete.

The Ivory sewing box is one step closer to completion, this week has been very busy but I've managed to construct and fit the lid so now its just a matter of adding the finishing touches.


Its been a fun piece to work with and as with most things i make I've had ups and downs while working on it but managed to overcome them and learn from my errors.The small pull down door constructed in the lid contains another pair of scissors a tiny thimble and a button hook and is also lined with black velvet which is carried on throughout the whole piece.


Something I've noticed as work has progressed is the weight of the box, for such a small item it has a nice and hefty feel to it and the contents really just finish it off. It has been a great pleasure to share the progress of this piece of work and im always grateful for your comments and views.
A warm welcome to my new followers and everyone who takes the time to view my pages i hope you find my work of interest.
Have a wonderful week everyone                   Tony. 

10 comments:

  1. It's a small treasure.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divino! Impresionante perfección y detalles.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! As a seamstress and a miniaturist, it combines both my passions. Beautiful in all its details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony, This is JUST AMAZING! Beautiful! AWESOME! The details, the Precision... the Imagination to design all the little compartments... and the patience and skill to make all the little pieces in perfect mini.... OH.... it is Just a DREAM of a sewing box! (I wish I had one like it in REAL life!) LOL!
    As usual... I am just Blown Away by your workmanship!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm agreeing with everyone else who commented here! Amazing, beautiful, and perfect! Phenomenal craftsmanship!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tony, it is absolutely amazing, you have done a wonderful job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing project:wonderful! The color of the box fits to the project (of a sewingbox, yes, I know it's ivory ;)),but is also a "female" color and timeless (modern and classic).
    Forgive my bad knowledge of the English language!! I've signed in as a new follower of your blog!
    Have a nice day.Greetings,
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yesterday i've forgotten something.
    I've a problem with a reparation of a old miniature box: which kind of glue do I use for glueing turtle cover(?) on wood? Please, may I ask you for some advice about it? On my blog are some photos you can see.
    Thank you very much,
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks amazing! It makes you want to snatch it up and hide it away in your hand! Of course, something like this should not be hidden but seen by as many people as possible. It looks so pure and precious.

    ReplyDelete