Followers

Sunday, 26 February 2012

Bible Box 2.

This is the second bible box that i am constructing at the moment,although more decorative and most likely meant for a wealthier house its main purpose was still to hold the family bible.


Contained within this box will be the antique miniature bible,the crucifix and the ivory drinking vessel. Once complete it will also have a draw and a secret compartment .
                       


This piece has been constructed using the same timber as i used for the bible box in my previous post.A final polish with natural bee's wax protects the wood.All that remains for me to complete on this piece of work is the draw and secret draw inside and the lid for the box itself. I'm still making plans in my head for the third bible box that i have been asked to make although made primarily of oak as this one and the first has been i also have some antique olive wood which i would like to try and incorporate into the design somewhere.On a final note id just like to say a warm welcome to my new followers and many thanks for following my journal.
Have a great week everyone.           Tony.

16 comments:

  1. Tony, it's so good, it looks like a tiny chapel.Gorgeous as always, Rosanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I go again - saying - another lovely piece but it's true!

    I especially like the idea of the secret compartment and can't wait to see how you fit that in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene, the secret compartment is a nice little finishing touch, all shall be revealed soon!!

      Delete
  3. fabulous Tony, I love the shape of it too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you too Sal, These boxes were really only made in two basic shapes the one you see here and of course the one in my previous post, what makes each one unique is of course the decoration and personal contents.

      Delete
  4. Haces unos trabajos maravillosos, ¿haz hecho la biblia también?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. muchas gracias El bichillo, La Biblia es una antigüedad en miniatura que se remonta a alrededor de 1890 a 1900.

      Delete
  5. this is going to be another amazing piece! thank you for sharing!
    hugs,
    peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks peggy, its always a pleasure to share my work :)

      Delete
  6. Magnifique! I love your work so much!!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tony, there is a surprise for you on my blog :-)
      See you
      Have a good w-e

      Delete
  7. Wow... your creations are absolutely beautiful!!!
    New follower here!

    I can't wait to read back through your blog!
    ~ The Majokko Shop

    ReplyDelete