Followers

Saturday, 4 February 2012

Completed Sewing Box.

So after a few unforeseen mishaps the sewing box is finally finished.


I'm happy with the way things turned out after the accident with the stain and agree with some of the comments that were left by you saying its given it a more aged look. To complete the inner i removed the hinges so i could work better on things inside this also now gives the look of a used piece instead of looking like new.


Its been an interesting piece to work on, and i have to say even with the ups and downs I've had i have very much enjoyed completing it and also appreciate the remarks and comments left by all of my friends and followers on here. This piece is now available in my For Sale section.


So with the close of one piece another one comes to mind, this time in the form of a bible box. I have a few ideas swirling around in my head but nothing really solid what i can tell you is that the miniature bible that will sit inside is antique  (dates to around 1890-1900) and is hand bound in black leather and for its age is in remarkable condition. I look forward to starting on this very soon and sharing it with all of you.
Many thanks to all who have followed and commented on the progress and completion of this piece its very much appreciated.
Have a wonderful week everyone.        Tony.
        

14 comments:

  1. It is beautiful!!! I'm so glad you could save it after that accident with the stain!! I love all the little items you made for the inside. It really is a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maravillo,impresionante, un trabajo de artista, me alegro que despues del incidente que tuvo, haya podido terminar una obra de arte como esta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing and a masterpiece, Tony! I'm glad that you're glad it turned out so well. Sometimes things happen and you don't know why; this is something like that. It's a real treasure and precious after all the work and mishaps.
    Have a nice weekend,
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It's impressive! The little things for the inside are perfect.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful masterpieces! Congratulations on finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little mishap turned out to be a happy accident after all. You managed to turn it all around really well - it's a beautiful piece, made even more special with all its little contents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! This piece is museum quality for sure! xoxo, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, lovely piece. I sent an email to you but I was so excited that I forgot to write the object , very silly of me.
    It concerned the sewing box and I hope I have een quick enough.
    Best regards, Rosanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is difficult to believe that it is humanly possible to make such a piece. I am in absolute awe at the ideas that you have and how you use your skills to reach completion. Absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many thanks for all of your wonderful comments and the time you take to read my journal i truly appreciate all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This work is inspirational - and I hope someday I can own a sewing kit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome! it's amazing how you can make these little miniatures to look so real!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a wonderful sewing box and all the contents. Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete