Instead of panelling the interior section of new wall i decided to fix Oak boards which were more common in a workshop The photo below shows boards that were taken out of a wool merchants.
I used a combination of Bee's Wax mixed together with Turpentine to create a smooth paste which then gives the timber a natural shine.
The exterior timber i have left untreated as this gives a more aged look, also in the above photo you can see the top section of the oak boards which have been cut out ready to accept the ceiling timbers.
Ive also given the floor a few more coats of bee's wax and turpentine to bring in the colour more with the walls.
Ive spent a few hours cutting up some natural Cotswold stone ready to construct the centre wall which will contain the fire place to.
I'm also at the moment working on two separate pieces of work, one a commission that i shall reveal more about soon the other is a ladies perfume casket made from ivory and horn.
I particularly like the last photo and the contrast between the red glass and the outer case,the casket I'm making will contain 3 perfume bottles.
Id also like to welcome my new followers and thank you for taking an interest in my journal/blog.
Have a great week everyone and stay tuned for more updates.