Followers

Sunday, 20 May 2012

Anyone For Tea!

I'm sure we are all partial to a good cup of tea or coffee yet i guess we fail to forget just how precious these commodities were in the 18th century, in fact for those in a position to be able to afford such luxuries they were nearly always kept under lock and key in containers of various descriptions.
Below is my first attempt at making my own miniature version.



The piece measures a fraction over ½ inch square and ¾ inch in height, the inside is lined with a base metal to mimic the tin lead alloy that the genuine caddies were lined with to keep the tea fresh and the front contains a small panel of Paula shell.
This piece of work is for sale.
A very warm welcome to my new followers I'm quite amazed that my Journal / Blog has now reached over 200 followers and continues to attract new people who share an interest in what i make and also to my long standing followers who continue to support and share  my passion for miniature works of art many thanks.
Have a great week everyone.

22 comments:

  1. Hi again ;), this teabox is gorgeous, Tony! Do I see also a piece of the Paula shell on it?
    I'll do an attempt to make such a box, but it will be not so nice as yours, I guess :)
    Have a great sunday and week. Greetings, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ilona yes thats a tiiny piece of paula shell i have used i hope you do attempt to make one too, i look forward to seeing how it turns out :)

      Delete
  2. Es un trabajo realmente maravilloso el que siempre realizas. Mi más sincera enhorabuena!
    ¡Un abrazo enorme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The box is just precious. Wonderful work as always.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Es un fantastico trabajo, me encanta.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your tea box is just amazing! You are truly talented.

    When you mentioned you were from Stuttgart it brought back happy memories. My family and I traveled there while living near Ramstein.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful as all your works.
    Alas , I have to save my pennies for Paris Simp , too bad that we have to pay bills.
    Have a pleasent evening, Rosanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Rosanna i so envy you going to Paris!! Im sure you will have a fab time :)

      Delete
  7. i love the tea box Tony! Another masterpiece! xoxo, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. The teabox is wonderful.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Again another excellent piece. I love all the little details you add.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene, Sometimes its the details which make the piece :)

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous box, Tony! I adore tea.... I Adore your work.....! Sigh..... paying bills this week.... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daydreamer thats a wonderful compliment! paying bills is always a drag but one which we have to do im affraid!

      Delete
  11. Hello Tony,
    Very succesful first attempt. The box is absolutely beatiful. I've always has a fascination for tea caddies, and you really got all the details right.
    You did a really fantastic job... Of course, I expect nothing less of you!
    Have a wonderful week my friend
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Giac, many thanks for the compliment :) i have some great ideas and unsual materials for more of these in the future they facinate me to i remember my grandmother had a tortoise shell caddy which she used to keep not tea but her money in for safekeeping. You to have a great week :)

      Delete