Followers

Monday, 11 June 2012

Moving Forwards.

After the unpleasant occurrences of last weekend i have taken a week off my full time job and hope to get away for at least a couple of days sometime this week. As the days pass i guess it grows more unlikely that any of the items will be recovered especially my sons cycles theses were hand built custom mountain bikes worth in excess of £2,500 alone as for future security measures well the only other measure i could take was to install CCTV cameras as the thieves broke and cut there way past 5 locks I'm guessing no locks will deter any future attempts I've also installed motion sensors around every available route that leads to the workshop. So time to move forward.

     Id just like to thank all of my friends and followers for there kind support and comments it really
            is very much appreciated and gives you that little boost when your feeling a tad low.

The wand cabinet is finally complete.



                     The hinges have now been fitted and the wands are sitting in there new home.





I love the colours that I've used inside the cabinet, they all seem to blend together perfectly and show the wands off to there best.



And for my first ever piece of 1/6th scale furniture i think it turned out pretty good, although i have to admit it did seem strange at times working to this size and sometimes i had to remind myself twice before i cut any timber.
I would also like to welcome my new followers many thanks for taking an interest in my work and following my blog/journal.
Have a great and safe week everyone.     Tony 
 

9 comments:

  1. Wow! It's a masterpiece.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous! The colors and details are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony, I didn't read the previous post before , I am very sorry for you and your son.
    Apart from the material value of your belongings the actual breack of privacy is horrible.
    Your cabinet instead is wonderful and the clours absolutely perfect. As usual when it comes to your work.
    Best wishes, Rosanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony, I am sorry about your break in, your son must be gutted about his bikes. your cabinet is a master peice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thieves in the house, oh my God. Not only the loss of mountain bikes is terrible, but the fear remains. I hope the police find the thieves.
    Your cabinet is wonderful. Your work is fantastic, as ever.
    Hugs from Craftland

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tony, I am glad to see you back! A masterwork this cabinet and I see it has my favorite color: blue ;)! The colors are beautifully chosen.
    Greetings, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm so sorry to hear of the theft.
    your work is always amazing, this one no exception. the detail and the originality is just amazing! thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete