Followers

Saturday, 28 July 2012

Memento Mori Skull.

Following on from my post two weeks ago when i showed you all the skull which i was making a case for the piece is now complete and sits inside its very own tiny museum. The case as with all the others i have made is constructed from walnut but this time i have incorporated a few tiny pieces of Ivory, i like the final result and think it all blends together perfectly.


                                                  A worn lacquered finish was applied.








This piece brought back some fond memories of the first miniature piece of work i created which incidentally was also a skull housed in a clock type cabinet and is now owned by Otterine it only seems like i made this piece yesterday, i guess its true what they say time flies when your having fun! This new piece will be available on my For Sale page.
Have a great week everyone.             Tony.

23 comments:

  1. una maravilla de Trabajo Tony
    Un abrazo
    GRACIAS por no tener palabra de verificación

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosamargarita, Im happy to make my blog free of word verification!

      Delete
  2. Well, you already knew I was going to love this one! :D I absolutely treasure the first piece you made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brae :) The first piece i made will always be special to me too :)

      Delete
  3. its fantastic Tony, I love these weird and creepy pieces you do, they are intriguing and mystifying at the same time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sal, Ive always had a passion for the weird and unusual and i really enjoy creating pieces like this, i know there not to everyones taste and likes but its still great to share them with everyone and get the reactions.

      Delete
  4. Hi Tony! I am totally not a lover of skulls, but this one is an exception: it's a piece of art, Tony!! Thanks for sharing!
    I've found my way back to the work table to make some flowers for my first give away :D!
    Greetings, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Ilona, i can understand how you feel about skulls, i felt the same way until i started drawing and studying them many years ago and i instantly became obsessed with all types of skull and bone structures.

      Delete
  5. Perfection! I don't know how you do it. I am starting to think that you have some diligent elfs with very small hands working for you. Time to fess up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this piece! is it for sale?

    I would love to own one of your masterpieces.

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Victoria,most if not all my piece are for sale unless otherwise stated, however i do applogise for not posting this on my for sale page when i said i would.

      Delete
  7. estupendo trabajo me fascina ver estas miniaturas tan perfectas
    FELICIDADES¡¡¡¡
    olga

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Tony,
    The detail you achieve blows me away every single time. The skull is wonderfula dn the box is beautiful. You really achieve a level of detail that is excellent and very impressive.
    Wonderful job!
    Hugs,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete