Followers

Sunday, 15 July 2012

Something Old Something New.

Hi everyone,firstly i would like to apologise for not replying to everyone's comments which have been left on previous posts I've been so busy with everyday things such as decorating ,gardening and spending time with my grandson as well as working and fitting some miniature time in.
The two pieces i am working on at the moment are interesting to say the least. Firstly a carved skull which once complete will have its own display case, and secondly a piece of dutch silver.



The skull is not a full specimen as i broke part of side as it was being carved, the bone is less than 1mm thick in places but i still think it will make a wonderful display piece once completed.
The Tiny piece of dutch silver is Quite a rare piece the hallmark is still visible and dates the piece to 1859  the dimensions are 1¾'' in height by 1½'' wide and 1¼ in depth i am going to make something special to fit inside this wonderful piece hence the reason I've not shown any photos of the inside.I also have more wunderkammer pieces in the pipeline which will be exciting to.
A very warm welcome to my new followers and many thanks for taking and interest in what i make.
Have a great week everyone.         Tony.

9 comments:

  1. A memento mori! How exciting! Can't wait to see what's next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iris, i have a deep passion for all things Memento Mori.

      Delete
  2. I love unusual pieces and these are no exception! I quite like the skull with a piece missing, makes it even more macabre. Great carving!
    The silver is lovely, I look forward to seeing what you are making for the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the silver - what a lucky find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tony! I've been absent for a while: computer crash, arghh! Now I am back, watching your last works of art :D! The skull is an amazing carving work, a bit creepy: it looks so real. Grat work. I like the silver box, nice finding.
    Greetings, Ilona

    ReplyDelete