Followers

Sunday, 22 July 2012

Sunday Morning Sunshine.

                                    Perfect Sunshine and a quite Sunday morning stroll.


                                             My grandson loves watching the model boats.



                                       Taking advantage of what little summer we have left.

Ive also managed to complete the small piece of Dutch silver i described in my previous post.
This piece has been fitted out as a ladies travelling vanity set and contains a small brush and hand mirror along with a small perfume bottle and two hand carved ivory implements.




This tiny piece is fully hallmarked for the year 1859 and measures 1¾'' in height by 1½'' wide and 1¼ in depth.



                                                A quick peak inside revels the tiny items.




Ive tried to incorporate all the items as tastefully as i could even slightly ageing where the implements sit, the perfume bottle also has a removable stopper. Most of the people I've asked what they thought might be inside never guessed correctly but they all thought it a charming little piece.This will be available on my for sale page.
Ive also started working on a new giveaway piece so stay tuned for more to come on that. A very warm welcome to my new followers and many thanks for taking an interest in my tiny world.
Have a great and safe week everyone.       Tony.




12 comments:

  1. I can only reiterate my admiration for your work Tony. I think I need to Google a few more adjectives...beautiful, fabulous, amazing doesn't seem to cover it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol :)Your more than generous with your choice of words.

      Delete
  2. Oh my god! Is beautiful! Would be perfect for one of two residents of Bethany House my future. The events of the novel Possession, from which I am inspired, take place in 1859. It would be great to buy it ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Blanche, im glad you like it :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photographs! I love the picture of your grandson with the boats. Your newest piece is a revelation! Great work! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you jennifer, i like to take a stroll every sunday morning with my grandson if the sun is out it just makes it that little more special :)

      Delete
  4. The silver box is perfect for your ladies travelling vanity set! Wonderful work. Lovely grandson, so busy with the boats :D
    Real life keeps me also busy, so miniatures making is a bit on holiday!!
    Greetings, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Ilona, Wouldnt it be nice if we could take a long vacation from real life!

      Delete
  5. How beautiful! The detail is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new miniatures are incredible! I like!!
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Fabiola, im happy you like my new piece :)

      Delete