Followers

Monday, 3 September 2012

Dumbledore's Desk Complete.

I managed to put the finishing touches to this piece today and thought i would share the final shots with everyone. I have been struggling the last couple of days as i have more or less lost the feeling in my little finger and the one next to it on my right hand maybe its just a trapped nerve if it gets no better in a few days I'll go and get it checked out.



I do apologise for the photos as the sun was shining but i quite like the way some of them turned out.



I found it hard to not add a few documents to this piece of work, these will accompany the piece to its new home.



Ive also made a couple of pens which you can see in the ink well and the book rack which now sits at the front of the writing slope.


So there you have it, i hope it brings many hours of enjoyment for the new owner and i look forward to seeing it in its new home.I would also like to thank everyone who has followed this piece from the start and for there kind and inspiring comments.
I'm going to rest my arm up for the rest of the week then hopefully i want to try and get a little work in on my cobblers shop certain ideas have crept into my head and i would like to see how these work so hopefully next post should be to do with this project.
Have a great week everyone.    Tony.

18 comments:

  1. Well I'm stunned and lost for words! What a truly magnificent piece in its entirety! You haven't missed a thing, it even has the little book tidy. :o))Tons of detail and so much to love. WOW! :o)))

    I can assure you it will be dearly loved and cherished. :o))

    Michelle :o))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your fingers get better soon. I had a trapped nerve in a middle finger, but it did get better..but it took weeks.

      So take care and make sure you get those fingers looked at! :o)

      Michelle :o))

      Delete
  2. It's a truly piece of art! I hope your fingers recover quickly.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  3. It´s awesome! A wonderful piece of craftmanship, wow! I hope that your fingers will be fine again soon! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tony! A masterwork!!
    But the master have to take care after those fingers, Tony don't ignore it!
    Greetings, hope to read here soon if you're okay!? Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  5. so wonderful, all the detail it amazing. I love everthing about it!!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, it's magnificent! I'm sure the added elements will be treasured by the new owner. You have a great eye for what should be included. Do take care of yourself...numbness in your hands is nothing to ignore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Champagne on ice to celebrate. Then put your hand in the ice to recuperate!
    Might as well enjoy the medicine ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Es un trabajo magnifico, perfecto y con los detalles que le has añadido se convierte en una obra de arte...Espero que tu mano mejore pronto..cuidate.Un beso

    ReplyDelete
  9. everytime I see your work that you create, I think thats the best, then you come along and create another, I just love everything you do, you are truly a master miniature bulder, have that hand looked at,

    ReplyDelete
  10. for me, a huge Harry Potter fan, a fan of your work and a collector of miniatures, this piece combines all my favourites rolled in to one, what a stunning piece of art

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh sheesh, this is beyond awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Tony,
    Congratulations! I have seen many miniatures ove rthe years, but i think yours is up there with the most beautiful and the most technically impressive. You did a fantastic job.
    Well done my friend. Hugs,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic. There are no other words!

    Hope the arm improves soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know how I could have missed this... It is just gorgeous work. I am pea green with envy. Your wood working talent is so fantastic. ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely work, will we get to see it in its new home? Hope your fingers are ok! And I was just about to ask you how you were getting on with the shop. Sometimes I think it would be quicker to do a lifesize building, than a miniature one :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. precioso me encanta es un trabajo impresionante son las piezas que mas me gustan felicidades besos

    ReplyDelete