Followers

Saturday, 29 September 2012

Taking Shape.

Its been a while since my previous post but due to the grind of daily life and the other daily problems life throws at us 24 hours just seems to fly.
The 1/24th scale Cobblers shop is finally progressing its had its fair share of problems in fact you may notice that from the first post i did on this project i have completely started the construction again which was a difficult decision as i had put a fair few hours work into it, being my first ever build i am bound to change certain things as it moves along.The following images are from the first full dry build of the project.


The main workshop area shown above has had all of the timber white washed  with the exception of the two main work benches which will retain there natural look.


The stair case has been changed and also white washed, also a sink has been added complete with a hand pump. The tiles were difficult to say the least and took me a couple of attempts to get the design right, these were individually made from Milliput and hand painted to a design which dates to around 1850.Working in this scale really does test ones ability to keep focused!



The shop will once built be quite small, i remember visiting this shop as a young boy with my farther and the main thing which stuck in my mind was all the furniture and cabinets were painted black and polished to a very high sheen, the smell once you stepped inside was a combination of polish and that old smell which many items from this age retain, I'm sure that we have all smelt this at some point in our life's, this shop was really also my first introduction to a timber framed building of this age and is more than likely where my interest and passion for buildings of this period began.




Now the ceiling joists are virtually complete hopefully everything else should just fall into place. The next phase of this build is to start work on the actual shop front and work on getting that right, i will still continue to use as many natural materials as i can to give as close a natural look as is possible.
Id just like to say a warm welcome to my new followers and thanks for taking an interest in my blog and the items i create and make :)
Have a wonderful and safe week everyone.   Tony.

28 comments:

  1. This is marvellous, Tony. I have to keep reminding myself that it's 1/24th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene :) sometimes i have to remind myself what scale im working in too.

      Delete
  2. This is magnificent work, Tony, in this scale it is very hard to work like it is a shop in real life, but you're succeeded! Chapeau for you craftmanship!
    I love to see those tiny tiles, together with the hand pump the sink looks like a real one, Tony, you've done a fantastic job.
    How are the fingers of your hand (they were unfeeling??), is everything okay now, I hope so.
    Have a nice and safe weekend too. Greetings, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Ilona for your generous comment, i still have a little numbness in my fingers but its not as bad as it was :) you have a great weekend too :)

      Delete
  3. In 1/24th my goodness the detail is fantastic work Tony. Your work towards realism is astounding in such a small scale.

    Mario

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mario, this really is my first attempt in 1/24th scale but to be honest its not so bad ive had a few mishaps but then again thats the best way of learning, thanks so much for your comment :)

      Delete
  4. It already looks awesome! can't wait for more!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning, the hard work will all be worth it.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the detail you put into your creations is so wonderful! I love the tiles...they turned out beautifully. You have such wonderful finishes in this tiny scale. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Brae, its a pleasure to recieve such a postive comment from someone as experienced as yourself :)

      Delete
  7. Está hecha como las casa de verdad!
    Es maravillosa Tony
    Un abrazo
    GRACIAS por no tener palabra de verificación

    ReplyDelete
  8. The amount of detail in such a small structure is fantastic. I really like the white wash effect =0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is looking super Tony. Look forward to seeing it completed! Cheers - Lidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Lidi, i already have plans afoot for my next one too ;)

      Delete
  10. Está hecha tan perfecta que parece real, Tony..¡felicidades, un gran trabajo! Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you Miraclechicken, your work is very inspiring too :)

      Delete
  12. Hello Tony,
    You really are an oustanding artist. This is just wonderful. I love the AMAZING, realistic detail you manage in such a small scale. You have my upmost respect sir.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Giac, i feel honoured to receive such a comment from a artisan such as yourself, i thank you my friend for sharing your work and inspiring not only me but many other people too.
      Thank you my friend ;)

      Delete