Followers

Saturday, 13 October 2012

Georgian Tea Caddy.

Having taken a break from the cobblers shop i have managed to complete one of two other pieces i have been working on. The first is this Georgian tea caddy made from Ivory and tortoise shell.

My apologises for the slightly blurred image!, This tiny little piece was partly constructed using tortoise shell which was kindly sent to me by another artist from the states after she purchased one of my works the box which the tortoise came from had been in her family for quite some time but the lid was damaged beyond repair, i intend sending her a piece of work back as a thank you.
 


                 The inside is also lined with metal to simulate the lead the original would have had.



I said at the beginning of this post that i had been working on two pieces, the other which i hope to show you shortly is another tiny little box but this time made all from ivory, thats all im saying about this piece for now but it should be completed very soon.
The tea caddy along with the other item i am still working on will both be available on my for sale page.
A very warm welcome to my new followers and a big thank you for taking an interest in my blog and the items i make.
Ive been so busy just lately that i do apologise if people have sent me emails and i haven't replied straight away, My workload in my full time job has more or less doubled due to staff shortages and on the home front my daughter is soon to give birth to her second child however this will not be a straight forward birth as she had complications from her first child so everyone is a little tense at the moment including myself as i have been working away from home, i have to say it will be a big relief once the baby is here and i know they are both fine.
Have a great and safe week everyone.   Tony.

28 comments:

  1. Another pretty miniature! Can't wait for the other one.:)

    I wish your daughter and her child a lot of good health and safe birth.

    Big hug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Es una auténtica maravilla!
    Un abrazo
    GRACIAS por no tener palabra de verificación

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work, I like your special tea caddies. But I love especially your work with Ivory and tortoise shell.
    I wish your daughter a safe and successful birth, Tony. All the best for your family and take care of you self. Have a nice weekend. Greetings, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ilona, i like making these little gems its also my first one made with tortoise shell,Hopefully not the last! Many thanks for your comment Ilona, passing good wishes back :)

      Delete
  4. Best wishes to to your daughter and her child, may they be always in good health and happiness.
    Lovely works as usual, you spoil us.
    Rosanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosanna, your comment is much appreciated :)

      Delete
  5. Absolutely stunning work!!
    All the best for your daughter!
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is a fantastic work! My best wishes to your daughter and her child! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work! Don't worry about us, we will still be here when things calm down in your life. I pray that all goes well with your daughter and the birth of her baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Elga :) It will be a great relif once the baby has arrived and i know both are fine.

      Delete
  8. Your work is always wonderful. Best wishes for you and your baby.
    Hugs from Craftland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Craftland :) best wishes to you too.

      Delete
  9. All the best to your family. I hope that everything will turn out well. You have created another masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Iris your comment is much appreciated.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful work Tony!!!!! What scale is it ? Its looks full sized to me from the pictures.


    Mario

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mario, sorry for not stating the scale! it is infact 1/12th Best Regards Tony.

      Delete
  11. Hello Tony,
    Another masterpiece. It is so elegant and beautiful. Great work.
    I'll be thinking of you and your family, and hoping everything will gob etter then expected.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Giac, I have always had a facination with small boxes and containers and these are no exception the feel of the materials used in such a scale is quite wonderful.
      Best wishes Tony.

      Delete
  12. Your work is beautiful, as always... everything you do just amazes me.

    And I wish your daughter the best of luck! Here's to happy, healthy daughters and babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you heather your comment is much appreciated best wishes back to you too. :)

      Delete
  13. Ooooh I do love tortoise shell, it is a such beautiful material. Your tea caddy is gorgeous! I love that you lined it with metal.

    All the best to your daughter and family. I am sure the business of waiting is difficult for all of you. I look forward to hearing all is well soon and you have a health new grand baby. XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Catherine, i have to agree tortoise shell is a beautiful material to work with and comes in so many amazing patterens.Hopefully by the weekend all the waiting will be over! Many thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  14. You've done it again! Marvellous.

    ReplyDelete