Sunday, 9 December 2012

Time to move inside.

Its been so cold recently that its come to the point where i need to move inside our house, trying to concentrate while your fingers are numb is virtually impossible and in turn starts to affects the quality of work which one makes, i am also waiting for fresh stocks of materials including antique ivory which will be used for the piece i am currently working on. Without giving to much away this piece of work will be highly detailed including all of the contents some of which i am currently working on at the moment hopefully i will share some progress photos of this piece very soon.
With Christmas just around the corner i have also been busy building up my wood stock with logs, with the price of gas and electricity forever on the increase burning logs at least for myself is a much cheaper way of  keeping our house warm, and I'm lucky in that i still have 3 open fires in the house, these logs should hopefully keep us warm for the next 3 months or more.
The Cobblers shop is moving along at a slow pace as i  tend to just work on this for an hour or two in between making the other pieces... who knows maybe next year it might  be completed!!
I have also started looking into making themed room boxes complete with furniture  and accessories these would be designed around my own ideas and contain all unique pieces relevant to the theme which it is based upon.
Have a great and safe week everyone.   Tony.


  1. What a Gorgeous picture, Tony! Is that where you live??? It looks cold but Very seasonal!!! I am glad to hear you can move your work inside where it is warm.... I know I can't work in the cold! I look forward to seeing this project you are working on... all your tiny things are so inspiring!

  2. Sadly your first sentence describes me IN my house....
    Love that photo---

  3. The photo is beautiful! Is it a problem of all workshops? in mine it's so cold nowadays too!

  4. looking forward to your progress Tony... Keep warm my friend

  5. Awesome picture! Glad you can move inside your house with your work, Tony, I don't like to miss anything of your art works :)
    Greetings, Ilona

  6. Lovely picture! glad that you are safe and warm inside.
    I am sorry to tell you that here the weather is so gorgeous that I went trekking on Portofino mountain wearing a shirt..... what about moving to Genoa in winter time :o)))?
    Best wishes,Rosanna

  7. Keep warm and try to enjoy the beauty of this wonderfully chilly landscape!! Our cold is grey, wet and muddy so I feel very envious!

  8. The picture sure looks cold but worse gloomy. I can deal with cold having grown up in Chicago but not overcast skies.

    I look forward to seeing your new project.