Followers

Saturday, 23 February 2013

Quartz Buddha.

Hi folks, its been a while since my previous post and i have missed catching up and following every ones work and projects but I'm sure this will make for interesting reading over the weekend.
My second piece of work for 2013 is this tiny hand carved Buddha encased in a walnut and ivory made cabinet.

 
The Buddha measure approx 1'' while the cabinet is around 3.5'' and has a fretwork panel mounted on each side to let light inside the cabinet.
 
 
This piece reminded me of one of those treasures brought back by a wealthy gentleman while on his global travels to show off and display inside of his home.
 
 
 
The cabinet also has a removable top section so if preferred the Buddha can be displayed as it is in the photo above.
 
 
 
Quartz for the Buddha originated in the Minas Gerais region of Brazil while the case is recycled walnut as is the Ivory sections the Buddha is fully removable from its base too.
This was a great piece to create, not only for its visual appeal but for temporarily losing oneself and forgetting the daily problems and issues that surround everyday life.
I would also like to thank everyone for there recent comments on my previous post on the vanity case, this is currently on its way to a new home, and at the same time welcome my new followers its always a pleasure to share my blog/journal and I'm immensely happy that you find it interesting enough to follow.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone.    Tony.





22 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful piece - perfect for a world traveler or library. Bravo! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brae, i agree it would look perfect in a library :)

      Delete
  2. Tony, I understand what you mean: making miniatures distracts us from all issues in real life, I fully agree with you.
    The Buddha is gorgeous, the cabinet suits him. Am I right if I think the quartz is clear, no color?
    Have a nice weekend, Tony.
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ilona, making miniatures actually helps me relax and destress, even if its only for one hour a day.
      The quartz is clear with just a couple of inclusions.
      you have a great weekend to :)

      Delete
  3. The cabinet is wonderful and the Budda is gorgeous.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a Wonderful Buddha! Tony, your work is So incredibly meticulous and Beautiful!!! Yes, making the tiny Treasures is Great medicine for the World Weary Soul!!! I Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great medicine for sure, unleashing ones inner creativity is and always will be a great healing tool and gives not only the artist but many others a sense to open there creative talents :) have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  5. What a special and beautiful piece. I really like unusual miniatures like this. The cabinet is gorgeous. The perfect reliquary design to compliment the Buddha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine, it was a special piece to make indeed :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, i have been admiring your paintings they are wonderful and so perfect in every detail, true miniature Objet'd'art in every sense and have given me a ethusiastic push to try some of my own. Have a great week ;)

      Delete
  7. Wow! A special piece, a great work!! Beautiful!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful piece, wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Inge your comment is much appreciated :)

      Delete
  9. I'm just completely in love with your work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another lovely piece. You always manage to come up with imaginative minis never seen anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete