Sunday, 17 March 2013


Hi everyone, Life has been extremely busy over the past couple of weeks but I'm still managing to squeeze a few hours here and there for making new pieces.
In the up and coming few weeks and months i have some very special and Unique pieces which will hopefully be completed, once i set my vision on something it really is only a matter of time until it materialises into a finished piece of work.
One of these piece which i still have the cabinet to construct is this very tiny cast bronze figure.

I discovered this little fellow in a place i have metal detected before but due to heavy rains and flooding over the last few months certain embankments have changed and in some cases have also been washed away. When i first discovered this piece it really did not look anything like how you see it now, a large layer of crust had built up due to constant wet conditions but after carefully cleaning it became obvious it was a tiny figure. I have since been told it possibly dates to the bronze age which if so would make it one of the oldest finds i have come across and measures a mere 1.5'' the bronze age lasted in great Britain from 2,500 BC to 800 BC.
Mounting this piece was a difficult task as i didn't want to detract from its detail and beauty so i constructed a tiny base from Ivory and carefully mounted it as you see in the photo.
Once this piece is completed it will also have its own display case.
I would also like to welcome my new followers and thank them for not only following my blog but also taking an interest in the pieces i make, Also just a quick reminder that there's still plenty of time to enter my giveaway if you haven't already and stand a chance of wining a miniature watercolour signed by myself.
Have a great week everyone.     Tony.


  1. An amazing find! So much character! :D

  2. Oh, great find! Can't wait to see what you build for him.:)
    Big hug

  3. Another special find, Tony, I wish I would live at your place, lucky you :D!! Very special!
    Hugs, Ilona

  4. Es increíble Tony que hayas encontrado esa pieza, es un auténtico tesoro.
    Un abrazo

  5. I'll bet you have dug some interesting things Tony. I also detect .... one of my numerous hobbys.

    Its always interesting with your post Thank you.


  6. You have done justice to this treasure, Tony.

  7. Metal detecting is awesome! And you find great stuff :) Can't wait to see his case---

  8. A great treasure, Tony...Can't wait to see what you build for him!. Hugs

  9. Hello Tony,
    What a wonderful find. It looks wonderful no the base! A real piece of art.
    Big hug,