Followers

Saturday, 22 June 2013

Workshop.

Hi everyone, its been a few weeks since my last post so i thought i would share where the tools i recently made and wrote about in my previous post are going to be displayed.

 
As you can see from the photo above the workshop where the tools will be placed is coming along nicely, also just about completed now is the miniature lathe which you can just make out on the right hand side, I'm still not going to disclose what will be made in the workshop as this will become very clear as the piece progresses but a clue is in the height of the main workbench! These type of benches were and still are quite unique to a certain profession.
 
 
 
Now that the main constructed pieces are in place i can start to concentrate on the tiny details which will make the piece come alive! and give a sense of feeling and reality.
Everything you see in the photo is from reclaimed timber most of which came from one broken table leg, the tool box on top of the main workbench has three opening draws which will also contain pieces based on the main theme of the workshop all the other draws of the main workbench also open. I'm looking forward to starting work on all of the tiny accessories that will grace this piece and sharing theses as they become reality.
Have a great week everyone.     Tony.


24 comments:

  1. Beautiful workshop Tony. Really looking forward to seeing it come to life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie im looking forward to it too.

      Delete
  2. Tony this is incredible! I cannot WAIT to see more, this has to be one of the most exciting, beautiful ans inspiring pieces I've ever seen and oh yeah it's going to go even farther!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, Many thanks for your positive comment, it is exciting watching each little piece thats added that will eventually lead to its compleation.

      Delete
  3. I love your workshop Tony and the lathe and tiny tools!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elga, this piece actually makes me want to sit down at that very workbench!

      Delete
  4. It such a beautiful workshop already! The lathe is great! Can't wait for more!
    Big hug
    Ewa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ewa, Many thanks i too love that little lathe, it actually turned out better than i thought it would.

      Delete
  5. Love the workshop. Amazing detail
    look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful Tony. Everything is just perfect. I love the lathe.

    I have already guessed what sort of shop it is but I am going to keep it under my hat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine im happy you like it :) many thanks.

      Delete
  7. Great to see you've had some time for minis again. Your work is stunning, I cant' stop looking at the lathe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks April, its been nice to be able to spend a little time on this piece and see its progress :)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful workshop Tony. I love the fact you are using reclamed wood and the colours you achieve are perfect. The lathe is great. I do love to see tools in miniature (full sized ones as well, but the miniatures ones have extra appeal).

    I think I know what sort of workshop you are making as well, although I thought the workbench would have a different shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Josje, i have enjoyed trying my hand at making the tools for this piece most have been made in my tea breaks while at my full time job and given i work with tools everyday quite a few of my work colleagues have shown considerable interest too. The workbench for this type of shop came in many forms a lot were usually adapted by the craftsmen themselves to gain the best possible results for carrying out their job.

      Delete
  9. Did you make the lathe? Dangnabbit, it's perfect for a scene I've been sloooowly pulling together. Maybe you could give me a pointer to what materials you used to make it.

    Wonderful work as always =0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, Indeed the lathe was made from scratch, i only wish i could have made it work for real!! As for materials it was all constructed from scrap metal and various other bits and bobs, if you would like im sure i still have some tucked away and would be happy to send you some if you like. Drop me a mail. :)

      Delete
  10. i really like that lathe, what a wonderful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work, Tony, as usual! The lathe is superb!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Tony,
    It is incredible. I love the workshop and your ageing technique is fantastic. Absolutely beautiful work and incredible detail.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Giac your comment is much appreciated :)

      Delete