Followers

Sunday, 22 September 2013

Ormolu Cherub.

Hi everyone, i thought i'd put a quick post in and give you all a taster as to how the next room box is developing.
This room box is completely different to the previous one i created not only in looks but also design too. Without giving too much away this little Ormolu Cherub will have pride of place on the very top of the box! he is a genuine antique french bronze piece and dates to around 1860 he along with two other pieces of decorative metalware will be added to the exterior of the box.

 

I've also constructed and laid a black and white marble floor, this i will post photos of once the box is complete, the room box also stands on four french solid cast brass decorative feet.
I'm not sure but this maybe the final piece i create this year as i still have to fill the inside with all sorts of goodies but I'm sure it will be quite amazing once its finished.
I thought i'd also mention there is still a week before the draw for my giveaway so why not give it a try!
Have a great week everyone.     Tony.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Tony
    The cherub is lovely, I can't wait to see the room.
    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cherub is gorgeous. It's going to be a stunning room.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing. I'm trying to guess what grand scene would have such decorative metal ware. Looking forward to seeing the complete room box =0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes intriguing was the word I was going to use too :) The cherub is really beautiful---

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molto prezioso l'Angelo sono curiosa di vedere come sarà sistemato il posto d'onore!
    Un caro saluto, Manu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Tony! The cherub is So elegant! And this is slated for the exterior of the box? How Superbly Indulgent!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cherub is exquisite and your new project sounds very grand. I can't wait to follow its progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola Tony! que delicada y bonita la pieza del querubín !!! estoy deseando ver el proyecto acabado. Enhorabuena . Un abrazo Inma

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it that you're teasing us to use our grey brain cells. Shhh......I am trying to guess what you'll come up with, I am afraid I can't ;)! But it will be gorgeous, that's for sure, Tony! This angel is stylish and gorgeous.
    I have a (maybe a stupid) question for you, Tony: can one solder brass? I have tried to do it, but I guess I did something wrong, it didn't work!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love, love anything with an antique cherub on it (just ask anyone who's seen my 1:1 bedroom). Whatever this is, it's going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cherub is so delicate and lovely! The room box is going to be gorgeous. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm looking forward to see more of this room box =)
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete