Followers

Friday, 25 October 2013

Room Box Progress.

Hi everyone, after sharing with you the progress i had made creating my second room box a couple of weeks back i thought i would now show you the overall progress i have made.

 
As you can now see its moved on a fair way since the last time i showed it to you and i think you can get a feel for how its going to look once complete, although i still have a fair amount of work still to do on the case itself. The main body has had enamel applied and rubbed back several times this proved tricky when working out measurements as the paint is around 3mm thick, rubbing these coats back then applying light coats once again has given me the opportunity to also age the look.
 
 
I love the way the semi precious minerals add colour and depth to this piece giving an almost irresistible feeling of wanting to touch them.
The next step of work is to start the interior design, I've decided to add lights to the interior and a small hidden compartment behind the main draw will house the electrics, talking about the draw the tiny draw knob has a generous piece of blue lace agate also mounted into the front. All in all I'm pleased how this is moving along but for me the really exciting work is about to begin on the interior hopefully this wont add to much extra weight to the piece as it already is quite hefty.
Have a great week everyone.   Tony.
 
 
 


30 comments:

  1. Your work is always beautiful and the checkerboard floor is classic! Love it!

    emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, I am looking forward to the interior!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elga, i am too although i have no idea what its going to look like yet.

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous show piece it already is. I also love the checkered floor. That coupled with the black exterior, makes for a very dramatic effect. I can't wait to see the interior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine, i wanted something dramatic so your comment is well recieved , i look forward to starting work on the interior soon.

      Delete
  4. Very luxurious! Looking forward to the interior.
    Véronique

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, I cant wait to see more

    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love and love! The painting looks like a big job but the results are definitely worth it. Cant wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Tony! This room box is so Elegant! I think it is a fascinating idea to have the room box itself so beautiful and display worthy! I can't wait to see what you do with the interior! The Lapis stones are Gorgeous! What a wonderful project this is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im looking forward to starting the interior too.

      Delete
  8. Swoon again! Such beautiful work! I love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debora, i have no doubt there will be plenty of little details inside to gaze at too.

      Delete
  9. Tony, I am in complete awe! I have been laid to rest for 4weeks by the doctor, having just had vertebrae in my neck fused. So I have spent a lot of my time on the internet researching miniature artists. This evening I found you...and WOW, what incredible work you do. I am so darn inspired I want to head straight out to the shop and start creating!
    I want to say thank you for filling my quiet evening with such incredible beauty.
    Keep up the fantastic work and I hope to hear more of the collaborative stories that you and your grandson create ;)
    Warmly inspired,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele, Im happy you found my work so inspiring :) i hope you are recovering well from your surgery.

      Delete
  10. Exquisite. Looking forward to seeing the interior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks 12Create :) im looking forward to starting work on the interior very soon.

      Delete
  11. I have seen so many beautiful room boxes built by some very talented craftspeople and I have to say - this is the best one yet. It belongs on a priceless antique table in a palace, filled with exquisite artisan pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, all artists have there own style and im happy you like mine, you have given me a great idea now ! i would love to photograph this piece of work in a grand house on a beautiful piece of furniture once its complete.

      Delete
  12. It's beautiful Tony! The paint job is awesome ---

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, the paint job i used on this piece is the same as is applied to horse drawn carridges.

      Delete
  13. Es un orgullo estar entre tus seguidores !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Inma, Soy muy afortunado de tener tantos seguidores maravillosos

      Delete
  14. This is beyond beautiful. Now I can't wait to see more..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Many thanks Miriam, i look forward to sharing more with you :)

    ReplyDelete