Followers

Sunday, 12 January 2014

A little history.

The room box is coming to a point now where i will shortly concentrate on compleating the ceiling.As you can see from the photos there has been plenty more interesting items added i will go into a little more detail on these pieces in a future post.
 
The five bronze roman coins above all depict different ruling emperors, on the other side of the room are four roman silver coins and one silver byzantine coin.
 
 
Most roman coins are rather small so they make excellent viewing pieces for a room like this and also blend with the books i mentioned in a previous post.
 
 

The tiny skull is hand carved from opal and displays some very interesting colour variations from yellow to blues quite difficult to pick up by photograph, I'm not quite sure where to place him yet so for now he is just sitting in the corner of the room on the floor.
 
 
Theres also an abundance of other objects including two Japanese miniature vases, sea shells and figures i will do a complete rundown of all these items once the room is finished as there still maybe a few more to add. These collection rooms could be packed from floor to ceiling with different objects but i think I'm just about at the limit i want to be. 
Have a great week everyone.   Tony 



 

15 comments:

  1. Las monedas antiguas decorando quedan fabulosas.
    Un abrazo.
    Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great Tony, I can't wait to see what you do with the ceiling
    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tony,
    Your roombox just blows me away. the accuracy of detail is incredible and your accessories are wonderful.
    Big hug, and happy 2014,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to seeing what you do with the ceiling and to hearing more about the miniature treasures. A fascinating collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fabulous! I wish I was 12 times smaller so I could see it all up close!
    X
    Véronique

    ReplyDelete
  6. I llok forward to seeing what you'll do with the ceiling. All your miniatures are real treasures, artworks in themselves!
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colours of this opal skull! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, please DO tell the history of all the little pieces. I've often thought that if I was Queen of England it would be my annual birthday wish to go to one of the many wonderful museums in the country and stick my head in all their drawers full of objects and go: "And where's this from, and this, and this, and this ……??" I don't know if they would love me for my interest in their objects or if they would find me annoying. Alas, I will never be Queen and we will never know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an exciting project with all the wonderful items you have to show. It is so cool to be able to show the coins in a miniature setting---

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like what you've done so far

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many treasures in that room box...the skull it's magical and the coins look so nice in that display....and I absolutely love the floor!!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This room is beautiful with a lot of treasures. The coins are great and perfect in the room.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  13. It has been a while since I visit your blog, and I just finished reading older posts! You have been busy and did some amazing work....love every bit of all your work!

    ReplyDelete