Followers

Monday, 21 April 2014

Taking a rest.

Hi everyone, its been a few weeks since my last post now the treasure room box is completed i was hoping to concentrate on some smaller pieces but struggling with real life issues as I'm sure we all do and health problems I've decided to take a rest and use what little free time i have to get 100% back to some kind of normality its been a hard decision as i really still want to carry on creating pieces but the lack of concentration i have at the moment means that my work would most likely suffer. On a brighter note i have finished a tiny piece which i would like to share with you all this will most likely be the last piece i share for a while.

I made this piece from tiny scraps i had laying around of walnut burr veneer and believe it or not an old bone knife handle cut into strips the top is tortoise shell and the box measures 1'' in width.
Ive also received a couple of emails from people querying if i would be willing to sell the treasure room box without all of the accessories unfortunately the box was designed around most of the tiny accessories inside and all form an integral part of the completed piece of work if i did split the two apart it would not be the piece of work i intended it to be I'm sure most people understand this.
I look forward to continue following everyones blogs and hopefully will be back up and functioning 100% very soon.
Have a great week everyone.   Tony.
 


13 comments:

  1. Stay healthy Tony! The box is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a wonderful box Tony. I hope you feel better soon. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you! We'll still be here when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely as always! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Tony,
    Take all the time you need and get well. The chest is just wonderful and I cannot wait to have you back in 100% shape and see your next works of art.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bos is beautiful work, Tony, like all your work is.
    Your health is most important, take good care and take your time, we'll stay here ;)!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tiny box is lovely! Miniature making is always there to come back to when it's the right time, so get well and come back when the time is right for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally understand where you are coming from Tony. I think sometimes we put pressure on ourselves to create and keep up with our blogs even though we are struggling with other things in our lives. I think we need to learn to give ourselves permission to just take a break at times. Take care and look after yourself. Your box is beautiful. I think it is great you used old bone from a knife handle as part of your project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I second all that has already been stated. Your health is a priority even over creativity. It is no good burning the candle from both ends, you may get more light but the life span of the candle is usually shortened
    And the little box is EXQUISITE!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this tiny box, and of course, the tresure room. I hope the time off does you good. I'll be watching for future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I share your struggle for balance. It's great that you know when to rest. Be well, Tony...sending Hawaiian warmth and sunshine your way :^)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Tony, your tiny box is incredibly beautiful! I hope your rest gets you back on your feet.... it is one of those dilemmas when being creative is both therapeutic And stressful! Somehow keeping the balance is important. I hope it all sorts out for you.... your talent for unique minis is too wonderful to be ignored!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The box looks great! Hope you feel better soon! Hannah

    ReplyDelete