Followers

Wednesday, 25 June 2014

Making Decisions.

Hi folks firstly i'd like to thank everyone for the sympathetic and positive comments i received in my previous post they are truly appreciated. Ive also just realised that its three years this month that i started this blog and really got into the world of producing miniature pieces of art i really never thought that it would become so addictive and satisfying and continually learning all the time. I do promise once i get back up and running to have a great giveaway to mark this occasion.
What really made me think of writing this post was indeed the first piece i made which now belongs to Otterine i still remember what gave me the idea of making this piece like it was yesterday also the fact that the only tools i used to produce it were an hacksaw and dremel i have to admit i was quite chuffed how it turned out. As time went on and i produced more pieces i invested every penny i made from selling miniatures into new tooling which inevitably made life easier for me, from the onset of selling this first piece i made the decision to only buy tools and materials from the money i made from selling them, some of the materials i do get from friends a lot cheaper than i could anywhere else which im sure you would all agree makes sense and also reflects in the final price i charge.
Recently my workshop was broken into for a second time and basically everything i use for creating miniatures was removed, my workshop/garage has cctv which covers all of the exterior with the exception of the back wall which faces out onto open countryside this is where they entered from by removing the exterior cladding to gain access, it does make me angry not so much for the items that were taken but the fact that someone had been inside my workshop this still eats away at me, how they removed some of the items is beyond me as they were very heavy and bolted to a workbench which they undid using my own tools!! i definitely won't be bitten a third time!! Well i guess that's enough ranting.
  I've reluctantly decided to split my previous piece of work Treasure Room so it can now be either purchased with all of the contents or without them which would make it considerably more cheaper.
Obviously some of the items inside are permanent fixtures like the japanese carving and the wax seal i would also class the 12 volume set of books as a permanent fixture too even though they are removable so all of the tiny individual items including This Box that were displayed inside can now be bought separately if required. Just drop me an email if you see something you like or may be interested in.
Have a great week everyone. Tony.

13 comments:

  1. I cant believe you were burgled, I hope they catch the crooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gut wrenching and devastating. I hope the scum who did this are brought to justice. Best wishes for your return to creating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How terrible that you've been burgled again. Seems to me that it is someone who knows the tools you had and their value. No thief would go to the trouble, or take the risk on a hunch that there was something worth having. It really sickens me to read your post. I hope that he/she/they are caught. =0(

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrible thing that your tools were stolen! I hope they catch the crooks!
    but it is good to hear you are full of ideas for more projects... and a reminder that you started with so few tools and could make something wonderful anyway! I hope you keep your spirits up and continue to make things... you have such great ideas and great skills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to read that! Hope they will catch those thieves and retrieve your tools.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so very sorry to hear it Tony. I know all too well the range of emotions that accompany the property loss from a thief. I hope your insurance will help you to start to replace some of the tools you lost.

    It has been over twenty years since I had a similar experience in the metal shop. I still miss certain things that I cannot replace. Oddly enough they were things they probably threw away.

    I hope they catch the creep-s

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't say more, than what was already said in the other comments.
    Best wishes
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope things continue to improve for you and you can get back to making the wonderful pieces you do as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. To take the tools that at artist uses is a horrific thing to do. I hope that they find who has done this to you. It makes me sad to think that it wasn't that long ago that you could leave your house and not need to worry about coming back to finding things missing, you could leave everything unlocked.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry to hear of the theft. I can't even begin to understand how that would feel. Not only that you were burgled in the first place but that they took all your wonderful tools that you had collected over a period of time, some of which must have been firm favourites in creating your exquisite work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When we had a creepy, tool stealing thief, working for the management in this building I turned my workshop into the bedroom for a friend's pit bull mix dog. He is a very sweet and loving dog and anyone can pet him while we are outside but he will not let anyone except a select few come into our private spaces. I also have notices on the outside of the workshop that say "smile you are on camera" and another saying....very large dog might be inside, do not open the door unless someone comes to let you in" Of course now salesmen no longer knock on the door so it has been a most useful way to get rid of them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry Tony the feel of helplessness will give you a sick feeling I know. But don't give up your work is beautiful and rewarding not only to others but the feeling you get inside accomplishing the things you create... I really look forward to your projects and the story's that follow them.


    Thank you ... and I wish you a Happy and Healthy Holiday.


    Mario

    ReplyDelete