Followers

Saturday, 28 June 2014

Something Interesting.

Hi everyone, I'm sure at some point most if not all of us sit down and just browse the web for interesting things, One of my favourite sites which some of you may already have visited is a photographic blog which portrays mainly american history and is a treasure trove for some fantastic images which features period interiors and great architectural detailed photos, if you have a spare few minutes have a browse im sure you wont be disapointed i know i wasn't.
                                                        http://www.shorpy.com/

7 comments:

  1. Thank you Tony! I am off for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back from my visit...

    I love old pictures of things like that. I have spent all my time in there since my first post here.

    The first few photos of people in the 1930's reminded me how good I have it. One of the photos I found most disturbing was the family who had to sell their tent for food. It is so hard to imagine this was how life was for so many people in the USA during those times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Catherine, indeed i too love looking at old images like these what really fascinates me is the quality of some of the images, and i agree life back then for some people was very difficult indeed and as time moves forward i guess if it wasn't for people capturing these periods in history on film they would most likely be lost forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great site. Thank you for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Tony,
    Thank you for the great link. I can't wait to take a look.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the link!~ I love this stuff---

    ReplyDelete