Followers

Saturday, 7 March 2015

Cobblers Bench.

Hi everyone, well its been great to get back into the swing of things especially as the first piece ive made is this commision piece for Michelle over at http://wwwmichellesmadworld.blogspot.co.uk/
I love the simplicity of this type of furniture yet it serves a multitude of purposes and has been a pleasure to create.

 
I still have a few more accessories to make but overall im pleased how its turned out especially with it being my first piece of work this year.
 
 
The bench is constructed from walnut and has five tiny built in draws all of which open, the tiny drawer knobs were all hand carved also using walnut, the seat is genuine leather and has been aged to give a used look which matches the overall finish. Once fully complete i'll upload a couple of more images to show all the accessories.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone.  Tony.


34 comments:

  1. what great craftsmanship, it's a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful craftmanship, Tony, I'm sure that Michelle will be over the moon with this cobblers bench :D!
    Wishing you a nice weekend.
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ilona, fingers crossed she will be ☺

      Delete
  3. A beautiful piece. Love the finish you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing piece, you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muy bonito mueble.
    Un abrazo
    Maite

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful piece Tony---

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful, like everything you make! She will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debora , i hope she likes it ☺

      Delete
  8. I bet Michelle will love it. It's fabulous =0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a stunning piece. I'm sure Michelle will cherish it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello tony,

    It is so beautifully made and looks like a real piece that has been used. You are so incredibly gifted.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Giac ☺ your compliment put a smile on my face as thats the look i wanted, thanks again my friend ☺

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel so rewarded just looking at that little masterpiece. It is perfect. I want to turn it over and over in my hands and keep saying: "Just look at it! Look!" It turned out so well. I especially like the seat with its well worn edge. I can see a cobbler sitting there with his apron on and his pots of glue and little pliers ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iris thats a wonderful comment ☺ you know each time i create a piece of work i strive not only to make it as real as possible but to make it so appealing that the new owner can't stop touching it or picking it up if i can accomplish that then i feel the time and effort i put into making it was very much worth it.

      Delete
  13. OH NO!!! Now I want to make some mini shoes, because this cobbler's bench is AWESOME!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth ☺ i think you should try your hand at some mini shoes or boots ;)

      Delete
  14. It's nice to see you back posting again Tony and what a wonderful item to come back with. It's a little gem - far more upmarket than my recently created little offering for my Cobbler. I'm looking forward to seeing all your accessories too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the welcome Irene ☺ It was a great piece to start off with again especially as my farther was an apprentice Cobbler many many years ago , i think your bench is just perfect for Mr Bennett and cant wait to see the whole floor complete.

    ReplyDelete