Followers

Friday, 24 April 2015

Ivory and Olive Wood Box.

Hi everyone, well as i mentioned previously here is another box i have constructed but this time adding an olive wood veneer to the lid.

 
This box measures in at 1'' width x  5/8'' Depth again ideal for keepsakes or letters. I have been making these from the surplus offcuts which have mounted up from me working on a larger project which has taken up a vast amount of recycled ivory and thought that instead of just putting the spare pieces away in my stash id make some simple items with them. Hopefully i'll be able to share this larger project with you once its complete i might even throw in a teaser photo before i reveal the completed piece but still need to complete the inside and its contents.

 
While making these tiny boxes it has given me some great ideas for other items i can make with the offcuts combining different materials together so hopefully there will be plenty more in store, This piece together with the others i have made is available on my FOR SALE page.
Have a great weekend everyone  Tony.

21 comments:

  1. I really love the Olive and Ivory together. It looks gorgeous. Another beautiful piece Tony =0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, you're right they do look great together i find it a difficult timber to work with though very brittle and unforgiving.

      Delete
  2. I really love the fine grain in the olive wood, Tony, it's a wonderful combination with ivory :)!
    Beautiful work!
    Wishing you a nice weekend.
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Ilona i agree too they do look well together. You have a great weekend too ☺

      Delete
  3. Beautiful box! . Another perfect work!
    Teruka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful box. I love the veneer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always - I really like it. I think that the olive wood could spark some good ideas. Its nice grain just gets the brain agoing .......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iris ☺ plently of new ideas in the pipeline .

      Delete
  6. The wood and ivory look lovely together - a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this one Tony. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful box again Tony, as was your last. I love the combination with the wood!

    ReplyDelete