I'm juggling between working on my own build and a commision piece at the moment and thought id share how things are moving along.
The ground floor has been laid ive used Teak strips for this glued into place using a quality waterproof wood glue this usually stops them from lifting or warping when i start to stain and age them, i usually use oil paints for aging and then rub that back with turpentine and add more as required the photo above is after two applications and requires a few more.
Ive also acquired a fire surround by Sue Cook i have always admired her work and now have the opportunity to use one or maybe a couple of pieces in this build.
The first wall section has been started, i have used the same method of construction for this as i used in the wunderkammer room box,this will give me the depth needed for installing display space for the miniatures i make and acquire. Have a great weekend everyone. Tony.