Followers

Saturday, 11 July 2015

Planing ahead.

Hi everyone, i'm only managing to spend an hour or two a day on my own build at the moment but i'm already thinking about colours and and other interior details id like to incorporate, having only ever constructed room boxes before i'm now starting to understand how most of you who build your own pieces feel, sometimes i find it difficult to concentrate on one area and want to move to another (Does anyone else feel like this) but i really need to stick with the plan in my head so everything doesn't go pear shaped.


I've constructed the fire back and tried the fireplace as you can see in the above image and all is a good fit , all the electrical wiring will just run between the wall cavities that these inner walls have created then through small holes into the base, none of these walls will be permanently put into place until they are all completed and i'm happy they are a snug fit. I'm still undecided whether to use a prebuilt door and change it to my own spec and design, the windows will all be made by myself to fit the sizes i have made for them. Any opinions or advice on colours would always be greatly appreciated :)
Have a great week everyone. Tony.

16 comments:

  1. Love it! I think your door would be better made and you could embellish it if you wanted to. Especially if you are making all the windows, what is another door or two?
    I keep changing my mind about colours and often end up with a simpler scheme than I originally had in mind. I use coloured paper cutouts to try things out in a room. The colour changes just by being in a small space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Idske de jong, im pretty confident the colour scheme will be kept simple i will hopefully be experimenting with some colours over the coming weeks.

      Delete
  2. Oh the fireplace is beautiful! Always so inspired when I see others working on houses. Yours will be exceptional---

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, i know what you mean it does inspire when you see another person creating and working on a build i've held off for far too long and look forward to letting my creativity loose on this build.

      Delete
  3. It all looks fantastic Tony. I am so excited to see you building a dollhouse. I know it is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine, it is exciting isn't it!! even my grandson makes a beeline for my project each time he see's it to see what else i have managed to do :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Tony, I normally jump from one thing to another but that is to keep me interested and the ideas flowing. The fireplace looks wonderful. As for colours, I'm always partial to blues =0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, i have to admit the temptation to jump to other areas is difficult not to do but i've set a plan i need to follow and knowing my luck if i deviate from it things will start going pear shaped lol so i best stick to it for now :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Tony! This room is looking very handsome so far... the fireplace is gorgeous and makes me think of Classical rooms a la Adams! I am also partial to grays and blues for room color... smoky gray-blue with a white woodwork is a favorite! I look forward to seeing this project develop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daydreamer so many colour schemes to choose from and ideas its like being in a candy shop!!

      Delete
  6. Hello Tony,
    It is looking beautiful. I usually manage to focus on 1 room at a time. When I have too many different things going on I tend to get irritated! I am using the same kind of panels on my ballroom walls. I am using a light blue and white for all the trim. I also love greys. greens and yellows. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Giac, The colour scheme will be important as i want it to show off the items i'm going to place in the room to there best, i've bought a few tester pots so hopefully i'll be a step closer to choosing something soon :)

      Delete
  7. It's coming along nicely, you do fine work. I love the wall alcoves. I thought to do that on my bathtub wall, as it's empty space inside a fireplace on the other side, but I didn't think of it until the walls were fixed. Next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keli, isn't it funny how we always think of or come up with an idea once it's difficult to implement!! Im taking a small rest from my build now for a couple of weeks while i finish other things hopefully if i come up with other ideas this might give me the chance to change them before i fix the walls :)

      Delete